Sometimes the cure is worse then the symptom but not at SERVPRO.
I feel like we all know so many more people who are affected by allergies, if not ourselves. With that being said, most of us are always searching to figure out how to clean our homes naturally.
What happens though when we really have to disinfect, battle mold, or water damage, etc. We don't want to have to choose from using the right chemical to do the job and the safe chemical for our immune systems.
SERVPRO is so aware of the sensitivity of our clients and want to do our best with using chemicals that won't hurt or leave long lasting affects on our environment.
Benefect is the world's first government-registered hospital disinfectant using essential oils from plants.
This technology is used to kill germs without having any health impact on pets or humans.
This products is essential in our process at SERVPRO of Howard County. Please contact us with any questions about this product or any that we use.
Most of the time one things does lead to another.
Roof leaks happen all the time . Most of the time home owners get the roof leak repaired and think that everything will then dry out and be fine.
This usually isn't the case. You really need to have SERVPRO come out and read the moisture levels with state of the art equipment. If left unchecked many times moisture will cause mold to grow on the insulation and walls.This was the case with the picture your seeing. The owners had their roof leak repaired 3 weeks prior and then as time went by they saw mold growing. By the time it can be seen on the ceiling it may have been spreading and growing for weeks.
You want piece of mind that you are living in a safe environment.
Give SERVPRO of Howard County at call 410-465-7333. We can give you that piece of mind that everything is okay or we can mitigate and get you back to breathing easy.
Why use SERVPRO?
This is a tough one to answer but not because we aren't the best; it's just that the reasons are many.
But to name a few; here you go.
Things don't always happen between 9 to 5.
You are going to want to call and be heard by a real person. SERVPRO of Howard County is open 27/7/365 days a year. We have a state of the art answering service so that someone can talk to you direct and then get you to the right person to help get this problem on the way to being solved.
All crew members receive the best training in the industry via IICRC. ( Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification).
Restore vs Replace Philosophy
The drying and cleaning method allows us to save a lot more than replace. The benefits are cost effective, time saving and it helps to give the customer piece of mind.
To hear even more reasons just give SERVPRO of Howard County a call and we can answer any of your questions.
Believe it or not broken pipes don't take a vacation in the summer and neither does SERVPRO.
Many people think they don't have to worry about broken pipes in the summer but that really isn't the case. Before leaving for that vacation you might want to turn off you water and drain the pipes just like you would in the winter.
There are many reasons for a broken pipe in the summer. Here are a few:
Invasive tree roots.(check out the picture)
Extended wet/dry spells ( this can make the ground shift and the extra pressure of this movement can cause problems with buried pipes).
Rust in Metal Pipes.
Wear and old age.
When a pipe burst; if you can, turn off the water supply at the main cut off valve when a pipe breaks.
Drain the water by running cold water in the sink and flushing the toilets.
Of course call SERVPRO of Howard County 410-465-7333 to help get your property dried out.
SERVPRO of Howard County is there for you year round.
Because we are more then a pretty truck!
SERVPRO has been around since 1967. Wow, right?!
We all know those companies that come and go. They get a truck and put their name on the side and you think they must be good . Just because they have a name and a truck doesn't mean they have the background and expertise you want working on your home.
SERVPRO of Howard County is proud to be one of 1700 franchises Nationwide. Did I mention that SERVPRO has won numerous awards? Too many to list here but feel free to go to the company website and check it out.
SERVPRO has the trust of all the top Insurance Companies. SERVPRO can help with your claim to make your situation as seamless as possible.
I think the question should be "Why Not" use SERVPRO. I'm sure it will be hard to add a reason to that list.
Keep learning, keep growing.
"The best advice I ever got was that knowledge is power"...( David Bailey)
It always makes sense to be a lifetime learner. SERVPRO of Howard County couldn't agree more.
Our crews are always learning. Learning new equipment, new techniques etc. Our crew members have to always keep their credentials up to date every year and have to keep adding to their expertise.
SERVPRO of Howard County is so proud of the men and women that are called in to help people on some of their worst days. We are able to keep them informed every step of the way. Our crews are able to help them understand the methods they are using, the chemicals they are using and why. The more they know the more "super" powers they have ;). Next time you see one of our crew members don't be afraid to ask them about their credentials etc.
We are here to help.
Are you prepared for a House Fire?
Are we really ever prepared for a house fire? It would be hard to ever prepare ourselves mentally but we can try to have a plan in place to be as safe as we can in case of a fire.
The Red Cross has a great website for giving tips. Here are there 7 tips to be prepared.
The 7 Ways to Prepare for a Home Fire
Install the right number of smoke alarms. Test them once a month and replace the batteries at least once a year.
Teach children what smoke alarms sound like and what to do when they hear one.
Ensure that all household members know two ways to escape from every room of your home and know the family meeting spot outside of your home.
Establish a family emergency communications plan and ensure that all household members know who to contact if they cannot find one another.
Practice escaping from your home at least twice a year. Press the smoke alarm test button or yell “Fire“ to alert everyone that they must get out.
Make sure everyone knows how to call 9-1-1.
Teach household members to STOP, DROP and ROLL if their clothes should catch on fire.
SERVPRO is the one to call for your commercial needs.
We are committed to handling our customer's emergency needs 24/7.
In the event of a commercial loss, it is important to know in advance who you can trust to mitigate your damage in a timely and effective manner. Here are 7 reasons you should choose SERVPRO of Howard County for your commercial property's cleanup and restoration:
- 24 Hour Emergency Response. In any type of loss, whether it be due to fire, water, mold, or biohazard, timely mitigation is vital to controlling damage and recovery costs. You can count on SERVPRO’s nationwide coverage and full line of restoration services to help your company make a speedy recovery.
- Communication. SERVPRO of Howard County will keep you informed from start to finish. You’ll know what’s happening every step of the way. From the first notice of loss until the job is complete, we are dedicated to effectively communicating with property owners and managers. Jobs are documented extensively as well to ensure timely mitigation and communication with our customers.
- Reduce Recovery Time. When damage occurs in a business, it affects everyone from the owner, the managers, the employees, the tenants, and even the customers. Our team at SERVPRO of Howard County understands the importance of mitigating damage to the structure and contents in a timely manner to help reduce recovery time and lessen business interruption.
- Lower Recovery Costs. As an independent franchise ourselves, SERVPRO of Howard County understands the importance of frugality. This is why we teach our technicians to employ similar concepts when working with our customers. The following are ways that the SERVPRO System can help your business save money during mitigation:
- Emergency mitigation services help minimize your secondary damages.
- Proper restoration versus replacement of contents is less expensive.
- Faster recovery lessens loss.
- We use pre-approved pricing and procedures.
- Comprehensive clean up and restoration services help prevent further problems and potential liability risks.
- Emergency Response Profile. The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile serves as a quick reference of important building and contact information or can be an ideal supplement to any well-designed emergency preparedness or existing contingency program. Rather than simply reacting to disaster situations, most prefer proactive measures to establish a relationship with a restoration services company. SERVPRO of Howard County can help you plan for recovery before disaster even strikes.
- Full Line of Services. SERVPRO of Howard County are trained extensively to utilize the right equipment and supplies to handle all of your clean up needs.
Just call SERVPRO of Howard County for all your Commercial Needs. 410-465-7333. We are here for you 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
Your Business and Water Damage
When we think of water damage to our business, many owners think of water damage happening from mother nature. Rain and flooding to which they have little control. So why worry about what they can't control right? The fact is that they are more likely to have water damage from things they can try to control or at least prevent.
For example; the roof is one of the most common places to cause water damage. Owners should make sure the roof is checked regularly. One inch of rain weighs about 5 pounds. This can cause a lot of strain on a roof and can lead to leaking.
Pipes and drains seem like they would be checked but most aren't checked regularly. A crack as small as an eight of an inch can dump 250 gallons of water per day.
Sprinklers are great if you have a fire but not so great if it malfunctions. Sprinklers should be checked for updates but also signs of rust or damage.
Appliances should be checked regularly ; water heaters, air conditioners, etc. can cause a lot of water damage if things break on them.
We can't stop all water damage but we can try to do as much preventative care as we can. SERVPRO of Howard County is here to help when the unexpected happens. Just give us a call 410-465-7333. We are there for your business 24/7.
Winter and Fire Safety
Heating is the second leading cause of a home fire next to cooking. We always think of candles and cooking causing fires but we need to think of being safe when we heat our home too.
Here are some safety tips:
Use your fire place safely. Always use metal or heat tempered glass screens when using a fireplace.
Never use an oven or stove top to heat your home.
Keep wood stove door closed unless adding wood or pellets or stoking the fire.
Make sure your space heater has an automatic shut off. If it tips over then it goes off.
It's always best to test your smoke alarms at least once a month.
Always remember to turn off a space heater when leaving the room or going to bed.
SERVPRO of Howard County is here to help if a fire happens in your home. Give us a call at 410-984-8520 .